(A translation is currently in the works. I don’t know when it will be finished, but watch this space.)
I bestow upon thee a small gift. Recently some people (myself included) created a thread over on 4chan’s /vr/ board about a game called Chu-Teng. Some of you might’ve heard of it as the Japan-only sequel to Osamu Sato’s cult classic Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong-Nou. (Osamu Sato was also famed for his work on LSD: Dream Emulator). One gentleman turned out to own a copy of Chu-Teng and ripped the files. After much painstaking deliberation on getting a Mac emulator to run successfully in Windows, and have it play Chu-Teng correctly, I have compiled a working version of the emulator Basilisk II with Chu-Teng ready to play.
Here are the instructions!
PRELIMINARY: Make sure you have this installed, or Basilisk won’t work properly. http://www.emaculation.com/basilisk/gtk+-2.10.13-setup.exe
1. Download the following file: https://mega.co.nz/#!kcsWSBhC!Q1C8cgZLtGGxjt5qi2KVoERGBVtH_-a_00ay98qz3do
2. Extract the contents of the .zip somewhere where you’ll find them.
2 1/2. Find them, and, if you are running a 64-bit machine, go to the CD Rom Drivers folder, then find the “cdenable.sys” file in there, and copy it into “C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers”. Basilisk won’t run without it.
3. Open up the file called “BasiliskIIGUI.exe”. In the Volumes tab, remove both of the files in there. Then, click “Add…” and find, in the BasiliskII folder, ‘install.hfv’ and ‘em2_chuteng.dmg’.
4. In the Memory/Misc tab, change the ‘MacOS RAM Size (MB)’ to 16, and then click ‘Browse…’ and find, in the BasiliskII folder, ‘PERFORMA.ROM’ and click that.
5. Then, make sure that in ‘Graphics/Sound’, the Width is set to 800 and the Height is set to 600, and ‘Window Refresh Rate’ is set to 60 Hz.
6. Click ‘Start’ in the bottom left corner of the Basilisk II GUI, and Chu-Teng should be ready to play!
If anything goes wrong, please let me know via an ask.
Thank you, and have fun!
- deluxepokepuff likes this
- hopethefangirl reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- proxytheprime reblogged this from shutupcarlton and added:
- hamaccio likes this
- abstractemporium reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- abstractemporium likes this
- quve likes this
- aliendazemazefaze reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- rakugaki-official likes this
- flannic likes this
- whose-responsible-this likes this
- auwri likes this
- thebagofgroceries likes this
- zerotwospirited likes this
- castorious likes this
- deerheadlights reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- idiombomberz reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- idiombomberz likes this
- below-the-root reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- below-the-root likes this
- star-oil likes this
- gumicore reblogged this from sleeplesschelovek
- granphalloon likes this
- drkeirone reblogged this from sleeplesschelovek
- sleeplesschelovek reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- ilovekatamari likes this
- vectorscreen reblogged this from shutupcarlton and added:
- graveltherobot reblogged this from shutupcarlton and added:
- hanajibu likes this
- doctorweird reblogged this from shutupcarlton and added:
- arnanyol reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- arnanyol likes this
- 16194 likes this
- knockabiller likes this
- mineyen likes this
- theendofspring likes this
- othellomi likes this
- darevoyant reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- darevoyant likes this
- xlammy likes this
- gnomebitten likes this
- thehealthroute likes this
- sedentarygorilla likes this
- actualalexmercer likes this
- often-wrong likes this
- kiteline reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- evilapple513 likes this
- tiger8boy reblogged this from shutupcarlton
- kotehan-sprinkles likes this
- kotehan-sprinkles reblogged this from shutupcarlton and added: